Player Code of Conduct
The following Code of Conduct covers specific areas and will apply for the duration of the player’s membership with LA Premier FC. It is impossible to outline every point or situation that may occur while a player is a member of LA Premier FC; however, it is vital that every player behave as young ladies and young gentlemen at all times. It is expected that players behave in a manner that reflects positively on them, their teammates, and LA Premier FC.
Rules and General Policies
LA Premier FC Players are expected to:
- Attend, be prepared and arrive on time for all practices, games and team functions
- Avoid inappropriate behavior during practices, games, and team or club sponsored events
- Conform to the rules established by the Head Coach of your individual team
- Maintain a positive individual attitude and support a positive team attitude
- Maintain a high level of physical and mental conditioning
- Strengthen and/or improve individual skills outside of regular training
- Demonstrate exemplary sportsmanship
- Report any injury to the Head Coach
- Respect the coach, manager, referee, opponent and the game
- Approach your head coach personally with any soccer-related problem
- Adhere to the laws of the game
- Take victory modestly and defeat graciously
LA Premier FC Players Will Not:
- Engage in dissent towards an official
- Use profane or vulgar language
- Leave any team function without notifying the Head Coach
- Use any controlled substance (drugs) unless prescribed by a physician
- Drink alcoholic beverages.
Practice and Field Rules
- When you report to a training session be mentally and physically ready to perform
- Report to training sessions early enough to allow you to prepare your uniform, water, etc. so that training may begin on time
- Training officially begins when the coach starts the warm-up
- You must wear the prescribed LA Premier FC training uniform (black socks, black shorts, grey training shirt)
- You may be required to help staff with carrying balls, water, cones, etc.
- You may be required to help with any field set-up or break-down
- You will be required to keep the field neat and free of training related garbage you may be responsible for
- During matches you are required to maintain a professional attitude on the sideline. This includes remaining seated on the sideline unless otherwise instructed by the Head Coach. Comments should be kept to a minimum and reserved for positive reinforcement or congratulations and support. "Trash talking" from the sidelines will not be tolerated.
- You are required to remain with the team until dismissed by the Head Coach or otherwise excused. This includes injury related instances.
- The Head Coach is the "Person in Charge" hence; all questions should be directed to him or her.
Dress Code and Appearance
- LA Premier FC players are required to wear Adidas uniforms. Adidas is the "official" supplier to LA Premier FC
- All players will wear the prescribed game day uniform (Home: purple shirt, white shorts, purple socks Away: white shirts, purple shorts, white socks)
- All players will come to training dressed in the prescribed training uniform (black socks, black shorts, grey training shirt)
- All players will have their alternate uniform available at all matches
- All players are responsible for keeping their match uniforms and training uniforms in proper playing condition. This includes playing shoes being maintained properly and uniforms being cleaned regularly
- For all matches, shin-guards must be worn, socks must be high and shirts must be tucked in
In the Public’s Eye
Please remember to use good judgment when in public and wearing LA Premier FC attire. Remember, as a member of the LA Premier FC organization you represent not only yourself but your team, club and the badge. You are accountable for what you say and do in public.
- You will travel per team/club established guidelines for that trip
- If you are experiencing travel delays immediately notify the Head Coach and/or your Team Administrator
- You will follow the rules or other instructions of any person acting in the capacity of a "chaperone"
- You will be neat and presentable at all times. This includes prescribed dress for the trip
- You are responsible for all travel documentation — indentification, license, passport, etc.
- You should make arrangements to have sufficient spending money to take care of personal needs while travelling
For the protection of the Club, Coaches and Players, absolutely NO individual player meetings are to be held in any private hotel rooms.
- You are a guest of the hotel or organization providing accommodation. You must do everything possible to maintain a cooperative relationship. It is vital that you behave in a manner consistent with being an LA Premier FC player
- You are to keep your room in a neat and presentable manner at all times. Any broken, missing or stolen items from your room are the responsibility of the player(s)
- You are responsible for any incidental charges including but not limited to meals, telephone, movies, etc.
- Absolutely no guests are permitted in rooms unless permission is granted by the Head Coach
Players failing to follow the club’s Code of Conduct will be sanctioned accordingly by the Head Coach, DOC(s) and/or the VP Soccer Operations. Violations could result in suspension or dismissal from the program.
Consequences for violation(s) of the guidelines set forth in this Handbook include but are not limited to:
- Verbal warning from Head Coach
- Reduced playing time, removal from tournament roster for a determined period of time
- Suspension of playing privileges for a determined amount of time
- Dismissal from team and/or club
- All serious violations of the Handbook guidelines resulting in more than a verbal warning will be reviewed by the VP Soccer Operations. Further, a meeting will be held with violating player and parent(s) and/or guardian(s) prior to any disciplinary action being taken
- Red Cards will be reviewed by the DOCs and/or VP Soccer Operations. All suspensions served are the responsibility of the player. Continued Red Card offenses will be considered a serious violation of this Club Handbook and the Player Agreement and its guidelines and as such will be subject to review by VP Soccer Operations and DOCs to determine disciplinary action.
I, together with my parent(s) and/or guardian(s), have read the LA Premier FC Player Code of Conduct. I accept and agree to abide by all guidelines set forth within.
Parent or Guardian Name
TRADITION, HONOR, PASSION, EXCELLENCE
Congratulations on being selected to play at LA Premier FC. As a member of a highly respected youth soccer organization, it should be considered an honor to represent the badge of LA Premier FC. As such, the expectations for our players are high; the responsibility of wearing the LA Premier FC purple with pride is foremost each time we step on the soccer field.
TRADITION, HONOR, PASSION AND EXCELLENCE are the virtues most professional teams live by. We, at LA Premier FC, HONOR the game; all that have gone before us and those that will follow. We play with PASSION — there is no other option. And, while we follow in the TRADITION that LA Premier FC teams have set, we strive to build a new tradition of excellence both on and off the field.
This Player Code of Conduct discusses some of the requirements and policies related to wearing the uniform of LA Premier FC. Please read the Player Code of Conduct as well as the entire Club Handbook. Having signed the Player Agreement, you agree to follow these guidelines. Make sure your Head Coach has a copy of your signed Player Agreement. Unsigned Player Agreements mean the player will not be permitted to participate.
It is with a great sense of excitement that we welcome you to the LA Premier FC club. There has never been a greater time to be a part of our soccer club. Unparalleled opportunities await the players who strive to excel.